As part of our ongoing commitment to investing in local musicians and contributing to the development of Aotearoa jazz sounds, the Wellington Jazz Festival is pleased to once again open submissions for new work from jazz composers.
There is one commission available:
- 1 x commission for compositions between 1-5 instruments or 6-9 instruments (maximum).
- The commission fee is $10,000 or $12,500 dependent on the size of the ensemble.
- Each commission should be between 15 - 20 minutes (we note that lengths may vary in performance due to improvisation).
- Instruments may include voice.
- The compositions should feature improvisation. Hybrid genres and experimentation are encouraged.
Subject to funding an additional proposal may be selected for performance. This will be offered under the same conditions, fee and otherwise, as above. Please note that should we be successful in our application for funding at least one of the commissions will be awarded to a Māori composer.
Photo credit: Stephen A’Court
February 18, 2021 9:00AM
March 8, 2021 5:00PM