Footnote Dance returns to Tauranga with a special combination of their latest work.
Footnote Dance director Deirdre Tarrant has devised a format where six New Zealand choreographers will have an opportunity to work with the company to make six new works each to be performed by a solo dancer. And, in keeping with Footnote's mission to be at the forefront of Kiwi culture, each solo work is inspired by a remarkable New Zealander, chosen by the choreographer.
Footnote's 2009 Forte Solo Series will feature the following:
• Firecracker, Sarah Foster (choreography), Anita Hunziker (dancer), inspired by ex-pat pop star Ladyhawke
• Adze, Kristian Larsen (choreography), Claire Lissaman (dancer), inspired by multimedia artist "Phil Dadson":http://sounz.org.nz/contributor/composer/1026
• Somebody’s Darling, Michael Parmenter (choreography), Francis Christeller (dancer), inspired by composer "Douglas Lilburn":http://sounz.org.nz/contributor/composer/1063
• Stealth, Ross McCormack (choreography), Jeremy Poi (dancer), inspired by the graffiti art of DLT
• Lens I, Malia Johnston (choreography), Jesse Wikiriwhi (dancer), inspired by experimental artist "Len Lye":http://sounz.org.nz/resources/show/248
• Stark, Maria Dabrowska (choreography), Sarah Knox (dancer), inspired by famous dancer Freda Stark
October 29, 2009 7:00PM
Baycourt Community and Arts Centre
Adults $35.00 (TECT $28.00)
Students with ID $15.00 (TECT $12.00) Booking Fees Apply
More details on the Tauranga Festival website.