Films, Audio & Samples
Gemma Peacocke: In A Snowst...Embedded video
See details ➔
Sample: page 1 of scoreSee details ➔
To borrow items or hire parts please email SOUNZ directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lullabies are private songs between mothers and babies, yet in every culture there are well-known, enduring lullabies that are shared generation after generation, some for hundreds of years. There is a darkness to many lullabies — with their mournful melodies and macabre lyrics — and a shared understanding between women, perhaps, that in this private space it is possible to speak of the unspeakable; "to sing the unsung".
You will need:
- Laptop with Max MSP version 7.0.6 set up on stage for you to see (more recent versions of Max MSP won't work)
- Max project files for 'In A Snowstorm of Moths'
- Audio interface
- USB MIDI foot controller with two buttons (electronic piano expression/sustain pedals won't work)
- Directional microphone, mic cable, and mic stand
- Audio cable to send the processed signal from the USB audio interface to the mixing desk
- Mixing desk
- Four speakers (left, right, front and back) or two stereo speakers if four are unavailable
- Screen and HDMI connection for the projections
for Finn, with love