To make the sounds and music we represent easily accessible to all, at any time, by using our digital platforms and to encourage its performance through a variety of projects and other initiatives.
SOUNZ work connects
We connect composers and their work with performers, listeners, teachers, broadcasters and presenters through collaborative projects and representation. We create and make available resources, music and stories about New Zealand music through our podcasts, animations, films and interviews to help connect people with our music.
We use our digital platforms to promote our work widely, using carefully designed digital strategies. These platforms include the SOUNZ website, SOUNZ Blog, our weekly e-Newsletter ‘Synopsis’, an Events Calendar, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter. Anyone with access to a digital device can engage 24/7 with music, resources and the opportunities music presents.
We do the following:
- make, broadcast, curate and promote articles, interviews, films, digital concerts, podcasts and animations
- collect and sell scores, sheet music and other music resources
- advise on repertoire, programming and performance of music
provide development opportunities for composers and community orchestras or
groups through projects, collaborations, prizes and awards
- present workshops and wānanga
- promote and inform through news, events and activities.