- for SSAATB choir and piano
- 03' 20"
|Score (56k)||Page 1||© Rosemary Russell|
Inspired by and set to the poem Pied Beauty by Gerard Manly Hopkins, this piece is energetic and jazzy. There is a nice interplay between crisp rhythmic motifs and legato lines. The pianist and the choir needs to be nimble to get the rhythmic subtleties. A fast paced crotchet = 120 is in a swung rhythm. At times the SATB choir divides into SSAATB. The tenors and basses get some fun da ba das and dim de dims. It has enough challenge to suit a Big Sing Finale entry.
- Text Note:
- Text by Gerard Manly Hopkins
- Commissioned in 2003, for the Secondary Schools Rep Choir at the International Summer School in Choral Conducting in Wellington
- Difficulty Note:
- intermediate to advanced: this piece is energetic and jazzy. There is a nice interplay between crisp rhythmic motifs and legato lines. The pianist needs to be nimble to get the subtleties. A fast paced crotchet = 120, swung
Recommended by the composer for the Big Sing competition
- For the Student Rep Choir, I.S.S.C.C. Retreat, Wellington 2003