- for soprano or tenor, SATB choir, piano, violin and congregation
- 04' 00"
- melody line for congregation
|Score (223k)||Pages 1-2,4-5||© Helen Fisher|
This is a liturgical work for Congregation, Choir, Tenor or Soprano, Violin and Piano, which was originally composed for the Asperges Rite in the 150th Jubilee Mass of the Wellington Archdiocese, 30 April 2000. It is inspired by the story of Christ and the Samaritan woman. The text in Maori and English is from the Gospel of John, Chapter 4 Verse 14: " The water that I shall give will turn into a spring inside you, welling up to eternal life." ‘Te Puna Waiora’ is dedicated to Fr John Greally, Advisor for Pastoral Liturgy and Spirituality in the Wellington Archdiocese. Subsequently, the choral part has been incorporated into the Mass, ‘Te Miha Tuituia’ published in ‘Music for a New Millennium’ by the Auckland Liturgy Centre. Also, the chorale theme is in the final section of the harp solo piece ’ Otari’ (2004).
- Text Note:
- biblical text in Maori & English (John Ch.4 verse 14)
- Fr John Greally for 150th Jubilee Mass of the Wellington Catholic Archdiocese
- Fr John Greally, Director of Archdiocesan Liturgy Commission