1995, r. 1999
- for soprano, string quintet and percussion
- 16' 00"
- Percussion: vibraphone, snare drum, tom-toms (4), suspended cymbal, bass drum, timpani (4)
- Where does this tenderness come from? (2'50"); When my Desire (2'22"); That Spring Night (2'20"); Come back Safely (2'15"); Heart do not bruise the breast (7'09")
- Text Note:
- 1. Marina Tsvetaeva; 2. Ono no Komachi; 3. Lady Suo; 4. Sylva Gaboudikan; Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Commissioned by the Composing Womens' Festival 1999
- For Anton
|04 Apr 1999||
Performed at Musicwomen Aotearoa, Soundings Theatre, Te Papa with soprano Mary Aston, and members of the NZSO (string quartet and percussion).
- SOUNZ Contemporary Award (1999)
Come back safely was a finalist in the 1999 SOUNZ Contemporary Award.