- bicultural work for dance and school instrumentalists
- 20' 00"
- flute, clarinet, recorders, voices, percussion, piano, rock band
- 5 movements: Whakaeke - Ki Te Ao Marama; Ko Tawhirimatea; Ko Ngake; Ko Whataitai; Whakahoki
This children’s dance theatre work choreographed by Rangimoana Taylor is based on taniwha (sea-monsters) Whataitai and Ngake, a traditional Maori legend from the Wellington region.
- Written for Wellington Youth Festival
- Difficulty Note:
- This work is based on a Wellington Maori legend and knowledge of this is required for performance