Library Terms and Conditions
In purchasing a membership for the collection to borrow items you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I/We acknowledge that the purpose of the Library is to provide copies of scores, recordings and other reference materials to individuals/organisations with a genuine interest in appreciating, performing, recording or broadcasting works by New Zealand composers.
- Works borrowed from the Library are for the purpose of private study only. I/We agree that scores or recordings will not be copied or disseminated in any manner.
- I/We acknowledge that recordings are not available for scholastic purposes in public without having first gained the permission of the composer or relevant copyright owners.
- The Centre does not involve itself with rights. If I/we wish to use the work in performance or any other public setting, it is my/our responsibility to secure the appropriate rights.
- The items are on loan for a period of two months from the date of issue.
- Failure to return items by the agreed date will invoke a charge and may incur a temporary suspension of borrowing rights. If an item is lost, I/we agree to pay the replacement costs for that Item plus a reasonable fee for administration. If the item is subsequently found, SOUNZ is not required to refund the replacement and administration costs.
- SOUNZ will endeavour to provide the items requested but I/we agree not to hold SOUNZ liable for failure to provide any item requested.
- Charges for membership cover postage to me/us within New Zealand as well as the maintenance and development of the collection at SOUNZ. International Library Members will incur a postage cost when they borrow library items. It is my/our responsibility to pay return postage.
- When using the online services you agree to the General Terms and Conditions of the site.
Accessing the collection
- Information about the collection held at SOUNZ can be obtained by application to the Centre or visiting our website: http://sounz.org.nz.
- If you order Items through the SOUNZ website, it is necessary to register using an email address and password.
- For an organisation’s Library Membership SOUNZ recommends that the contact person establish a login for the purpose of tracking items borrowed by members of the organisation. Please note that it is the contact person’s responsibility to ensure that their members abide by the Terms and Conditions above.
Expiry of membership
- Membership is normally for 12 months from date of joining and is renewable.
- Where a member takes out a Standard Membership which has a limit on the number of items that can be borrowed, the membership will expire if the borrowing limit is reached before 12 months has elapsed. In this case a further membership can be bought online, or an upgrade to the existing membership can be purchased by contacting SOUNZ directly.