- 2009 NZSO-SOUNZ Readings 2
- 3 September 2009
4 September 2009
The second set of NZSO-SOUNZ readings for 2009 will be held in the Michael Fowler Centre, conducted by Benjamin Northey (Australia).
The works and composers involved are:
Thursday 3 September
• Xylophone Concerto by Karlo Margetic [soloist: Brent Stewart]
• A Hero’s Tale (aka Cut to Music – Film Score) by Tom McLeod
Friday 4 September
• Shirty by Noel Sanders
• Te Ika a Maui by Kit Powell [solo clarinet: Phil Green]
• Fonterra’s Madrigal by Chris Adams
Observers are welcome to all sessions, especially the recordings in the late afternoon of each day. Everyone is also welcome to attend and participate in the forum which follows the last session. Please contact SOUNZ for a programme and invitation.
Through the Readings collaborative project, SOUNZ aims to increase the number of performances and recordings or broadcasts of orchestral works by New Zealand composers.
Click here for more information about the NZSO-SOUNZ Readings project, including a list of works that have previously been selected.
New Zealand Music
|CUT TO: MUSIC||Tom McLeod|
|Fonterra's Mad(rigal)||Chris Adams|
|Te Ika a Maui||Kit Powell|
|Xylophone Concerto||Karlo Margetic|